[freeside-devel] Broadband Services Spec

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Wed Jun 27 12:11:13 PDT 2007

Freeside Developers:

  I do not see any particular reason to separate svc_broadband and nas
as currently indicated at
http://www.sisd.com/mediawiki/index.php/Broadband_Services_Spec as the
same types of information are required for each.  Only for reporting
or selection purposes is the distinction between them of interest as far
as I can tell.

  The current mechanism (router, part_svc_router) offers better granularity
for selection purposes.

  I suggest that a svc_broadband is associated with part_svc records much
as router is now.  The edge and core flags, if desired, can then be moved
onto svc_broadband.

  addr_block/svc_ip may be directly associated with a svc_broadband and
the superfluous router record disappears.

  exports and "part_svc_svc_broadband" define the nature and relationships
among the devices

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]