[freeside-devel] Re: freeside-devel Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

Ivan Kohler ivan at 420.am
Sun Jan 21 00:05:46 PST 2007

On Sat, Jan 20, 2007 at 11:52:32PM -0800, Kristian Hoffmann wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Matthew Neumark wrote:
>
> > No one has any suggestions on what might be causing this issue? Its
> > really becoming a pain and i would like to see if someone has a solution..
>
> Since freeside is written in Perl, the likelihood that freeside itself is
> directly causing a double-free in glibc is pretty slim.  I'd look more
> towards the direction of bad memory, corrupted/mismatched libraries, etc.
> It's likely that the problem in one of the Perl modules that freeside
> includes.  You could try running Apache with gdb and catching a backtrace
> when you get the error.  Here's a link with more info on apache/gdb.
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/dev/debugging.html

I've usually seen this sort of thing with mismatched SSL library
versions - Apache mod_ssl, many Business::OnlinePayment modules,
DBD::mysql all pull in an SSL library.  If one of those is compiled
against a different libssl than the others, you'll get segfaults when
you try to run B:OP transactions or look at RADIUS usage (via
DBD::mysql).