[freeside-devel] Some Ideas

Jason Thomas jason at linkinnovations.com
Tue Nov 15 19:45:10 PST 2005

On Tue, Nov 15, 2005 at 10:29:18PM -0500, Richard Siddall wrote:
> Jason Thomas wrote:
> [snip]
> >
> > Well to put it bluntly things look to be a mess. Which explains why it
> > took Richard Siddall 6 months to create redhat packages.
> > http://www.sisd.com/pipermail/freeside-devel/2005-September/000521.html
> >
> [snip]
>
> Gee, thanks ;>

Nothing nasty was ment by that, I took me about 2 weeks on and off to
get something working for debian.

> I'd recommend packaging Freeside up as is, and doing restructuring
> later.  That way we can build the user base and hopefully the number of
> developers contributing back to the project.

Debian is very strict about package layout, and I'm having a lot of
trouble massaging Freeside to fit.

Optionally I could just submit the debian packaging stuff and let people
build there own intially.