[freeside-devel] Some Ideas

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Tue Nov 15 19:29:18 PST 2005

Jason Thomas wrote:
[snip]

> Well to put it bluntly things look to be a mess. Which explains why it
> took Richard Siddall 6 months to create redhat packages.
> http://www.sisd.com/pipermail/freeside-devel/2005-September/000521.html

[snip]

Gee, thanks ;>

Actually, it took 6 months because I didn't work on it full time,
because I'm not an experienced packager, because I spent a fair amount
of the time working on freeside-import to simplify getting data out of
our legacy system, because I switched from 1.5.0pre6 to 1.5.7, because I
gave up on packaging Apache1/mod_perl1 and decided to switch to the
distro's Apache2/mod_perl2.  Plus a few other factors.

I'd recommend packaging Freeside up as is, and doing restructuring
later.  That way we can build the user base and hopefully the number of
developers contributing back to the project.

Regards,

	Richard.