the use of $FS::cust_main::import

Ricardo SIGNES rjbs+freeside-devel at icgroup.com
Sat Jun 25 06:55:03 PDT 2005

This isn't so much a "I need help!" question as a "I am curious!" question.

What is the purpose of $FS::cust_main::import?  I see that it is only ever set
to zero, but that if it's true (and if some code is uncommented), certain
validity checks are disabled.

My assumption is that the idea was something like this:  something sets that to
true and the error checking is disabled so you can import your old data via the
API.

(I'm looking at a way to totally disable tax stuff, since we never charge tax,
and with tax disabled, I should be able to simplify our self-service-ish access
to customer creation and the associated constraints on city/state/country.)

--
rjbs