[freeside-devel] Broadband Development

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at fire2wire.com
Wed Feb 9 10:43:18 PST 2005

The code itself is in FS/part_export/router.pm.  Exports are explained in
docs/export.html.

Specifically for the router export, you have to setup three virtual fields
for the router table in order for the export to function.  Those are:

admin_address - Management IP address of the router (used for telnet)
admin_user - Username
admin_password - Password

If a service is provisioned with a router that has these three fields
defined, and the service definition is configured with the router export
(see above), then freeside will attempt to telnet to the router using the
information defined by the above three virtual fields, and run the
commands specified the export configuration.

If you want to configure routers using SNMP, you'll need to create a new
export.

Hopefully that will get you started in the right direction.

-Kristan