RT integration

Matthew Draper matthew at trebex.net
Thu Nov 18 17:56:50 PST 2004

Kristian,

I see you're currently looking at RT integration.

Personally, I prefer more of the look-and-wave option, noting that given
RT credentials (whether a 'freeside' user, or having Freeside users ==
RT users), Freeside can do a lot via the XML interfaces RT currently
provides.

For example, using /Search/Results.rdf, we can easily build a "top
tickets linked to this customer".

In doing so, it would work fine with Freeside sharing a DB with RT
(Ivan's case), both running on different DBs on the same machine (your
case), and running on different DBs on different machines (my case).

Between Results.rdf and Autrijus's efforts on RTx::Atom, I'm confident
we could pull whatever data we want.

Matthew

matthew at trebex.net