[freeside-devel] Documentation

Systems Administrator sysadmin at sunet.com.au
Thu Oct 16 17:45:55 PDT 2003

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 ivan at 420.am wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 05:18:45PM +1000, Systems Administrator wrote:
> > 	Hi all.  I'm working on a better "table of contents" for the
> > Schema reference.  How do I go about getting that included in the website
>
> Email your patch here or directly to me, preferably as a unified diff
> (diff -u).  In the longer-term 1.5 timeframe, I'm want to get the schema
> reference to auto-generate from the documentation in the classes
> themselves.

	Has any work on this auto-generation been done?  If not, what
format were you planning to embed the documentation in?

	Just incidentally, I was planning to do something like (to use an
html fragment example from the agent table):
----
        <th>Field</th>
        <th>Type</th>
        <th>Description</th>
        <th>Database Notes</th>
----

	Is that a way of doing it that you're happy with?

> > And is this the appropriate mailing list to ask on?  I figured since this
> > was documentation for developers (rather than users), it'd be the place to
> > ask, but I've been wrong before, and may be this time too :).
>
> This is an approprirate mailing list for development of both the
> software and all the documentation (developer and user).   ;)

	Great :).

--
Tim Nelson
Systems Administrator