[freeside-devel] FS::part_export::sqlradius::_export_replace

ivan ivan at 420.am
Wed May 15 06:23:50 PDT 2002

On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 03:51:20PM -0400, Jeff Finucane wrote:
> Kristian Hoffmann <khoff at pc-intouch.com> wrote on Tue, 14 May 2002 12:43:05 -0700 (PDT)....
>
> +----------
> | From: Kristian Hoffmann <khoff at pc-intouch.com>
> | Subject: Re: [freeside-devel] FS::part_export::sqlradius::_export_replace
> |
> | The cvs version worked except for one problem.  When you change the
> | username and a check/reply item at the same time, you get duplicate
> | entries. ....
> |
> |                                               ...  Oh there you go.  How
> | about a job dependency field?  Don't attempt job a until job b has been
> | completed.  I could see where that could be useful for other things.
> +----------
>
>   That sounds like a great idea, Kristian.  I look forward to it :D

My first inclination was to try and make jobs more atomic, but if *both*
of you think job dependancies are useful, well...

Table name queue_depend (don't forget to create it), see
FS::queue->depend_insert to create dependancies
(FS::part_export::sqlradius.pm for an example).  Make sure you wrap the
whole thing in a transaction.

> I've got some ugly bits of code that start a job explicitly for the
> purpose of ensuring the order in which later jobs run (job spawning jobs).

I'm curious; can you elaborate a little?