[freeside-devel] part_export

Kristian Hoffmann khoff at pc-intouch.com
Sat Mar 30 23:55:28 PST 2002

On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, ivan wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 02:48:58PM -0800, Mark Wells wrote:
> >
> > Is the part_svc/part_export relationship meant to be one-to-one?
>
> No, it's one-to-many...

I guess what we were looking for then was many-to-one (if that is even a
term).  Instead of storing a svcpart in a part_export, can we store a
exportnum in a part_svc?  That way you wouldn't have to create duplicate
part_exports for multiple part_svcs exporting to the same
machine/exporttype.  More importantly for us, we may want to use a
different exporttype within the same svcpart.

Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if it is worth the trouble.  The
reason I make a point of this is because we are considering the case where
someone would have a part_svc for one type of svc_l2 but not have the same
type of equipment at all locations.  It wouldn't make sense to have a
seperate service definition for each location just because the equipment
installed there needed a different exporttype.  Hmmmmm.  I may have just
talked myself out of it.  Thoughts?

-Kristian