[freeside-devel] Templates?

ivan ivan at 420.am
Mon Jan 22 07:32:45 PST 2001

On Mon, Jan 22, 2001 at 05:37:41AM -0800, Nick Temple wrote:
> I've looked around the code a bit, and I'm considering pulling out the
> HTML into seperate template files.  Is the direction that freeside
> should go in, or not?  In my opnion, it would allow easier
> customization of the UI and allow the "look" progress seperately from
> the functionality.  I have a (mostly) complete library for handling
> select boxes, radio buttons and default values to preserve the existing
> functionality - so no "stickiness" would be lost.

> It may require renaming some parameters names.

Why?

> Comments welcome before I progress down this path.

Yes, Freeside will be moving to a template system - search the archives,
you don't have to convince me.

But no, it won't be using some random nonstandard, unfinished library
you've got lying around.  :)  I suggest you finish (well, nothing's ever
finished, but you know what I mean) said library and upload to CPAN if
you'd like projects to consider using it.

Freeside template system will be done using a generic template format that
will export to HTML::Mason, Apache::ASP, or any other sufficient "eval"
templating language.

--
meow