New Developer

Nick Temple ntemple at tgl.net
Mon Jan 22 02:19:03 PST 2001

Hello --

I'm working on an implementation of Freeside and wanted to introduce myself.  I've been coding for about 10 years, and run a small Internet compane @ CommerceStore.com.  I've been looking for a decent billing system for about 2 years - and when I finally decided to write from scratch, found freeside.

Previous experiance includes developing the client application for Signio (now Versign Payment Services), as well as many others.

I'm going to go ahead and throw out my personal TODO list before absorbing the one from cvs.   If there is duplication here, please let me know:

* Installation script, including Bundle::Freeside so that all modules will be loaded installed.  I noticed someone else may be working on updating the configuration system. This will initally include a specific configuration file for Cobalt servers (where I can make quite a few assumptions).  MySQL will be first, but since the Cobalt comes with postgres  installed I'd be interested adding that pretty soon.

* Integrate CommerceLink, our custom payment-processing system
* Check acceptance
* Work on some basic user-level docs, and  a personal TODO list that I'd be willing to share / receive feedback on

Nick
ntemple at tgl.net