[freeside-devel] Tonights oddness (page doesn't work coming from print)

Dave Burgess burgess at www.cynjut.net
Tue Dec 11 17:47:01 PST 2001

> Hola,
>
> Today's strangeness....
>
> Me and our bookkeeper have been working with the system.  We've got all the
> data in, have generated invoices for everyone (which we hope to blow away
> before the first of the year) and are running into the oddest error:
>
> [Tue Dec 11 19:12:22 2001] [error] [asp] [4997] [error] Can't call method "pkgnum" without a package or object reference at cust_main.cgi line 307 during global destruction. <--> , /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1574
>
> It happens (usually) when we click on any of the various 'View this customer'
> links, or when we go from viewing an invoice and reprinting it.  Here's the
> odd part:
>
> If I hit 'reload' the page comes up fine.
>
> I suppose it could be me somehow, but I don't see anything that would cause
> this.  The other possibility is that it has something to do with database
> updates not completing in time....

[Tue Dec 11 19:34:13 2001] [error] [asp] [5000] [error] Can't call method "balance" on an undefined value at /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/FS/cust_pay.pm line 103 during global destruction. <--> , /usr/pkg/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.1/Apache/ASP.pm line 1574

Line 103 in cust_pay.pm seems to be a call to qsearchs on the
cust_main table, but that doesn't really make any sense, since
there haven't been any updates to that table in two days.  Is it
possible that we're missing a 'commit' someplace?  Line 307 in
cust_main.cgi is

"foreach my $svc_something ( @{$cust_pkgs->{$cust_pkg}} ) {"

so there seems to be something happening all of a sudden....

One thing I didn't mention: the server returns an "Internal Server Error"
everytime this happens.

Dave