[freeside-users] Can't process CC---Support non existent

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Fri Jun 22 11:45:15 PDT 2018

> On Jun 22, 2018, at 10:48 AM, Brian Rohrbacher <brian at reliableinter.net> wrote:
>
> Does anyone know how to add a state so I can process a credit card?  My subscriber has a card from Arizona and AZ isn't in the drop down option for a state.  I've been sending email to support since December of 2017 with various issues and haven't been offered any help and only one actual response.  If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great.  And also, what is the deal with the no support and no attempt to communicate?

Just FYI, they are still around.

My card processor had taken them off their list of “ready for TLSv1.2” vendors (or I guess vendors in general) and when they copied Freeside on the thread I got a typically snarky/nasty response from Ivan regarding my saying they “went AWOL”.  He told IPPay that their customers (I think he meant “Freeside users that have an active support contract”) were up to date and that I was using the “free download” (as opposed to the “paid download”?) and was “on my own”.  Nevermind that if I wanted to pay and they’re not taking money.

The 5 minutes he spent composing a private email to me telling me that they don’t want to sell any support other than long-term contract support (which - why would anyone buy it if the backlog is so long?) would have been better spent penning a civil response to this list.

They seem to have issues getting enough support people on staff.  Perhaps it’s not a pleasant place to work at.

I will take the time to summarize what was communicated to me in the hopes that others won’t waste their time with the “shut up and take my money” routine:

- Customers Freeside contracted with who Freeside could not service were refunded
- Freeside is not accepting new customers at this time
- When they are accepting customers, it’s only contract - no one-off, no buying a limited number of months

By my stating they “went AWOL” to a vendor, I was “talking shit”, and “harassing” them.  Note that I was not offering a counter-narrative to something Freeside stated publicly here, I was just reporting exactly what’s in the public mailing list archives.  My vendor was the one that opted to copy Ivan in to the conversation, so I guess that’s harassment. Or maybe sending a RFQ to their sales department was “harassment”.  I have no idea.  Wrapped in that paragraph was a “maybe we shouldn’t make this free anymore” musing.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I get that we all have some personality quirks, but this is a bit much.  Why not just make one simple post to this list with a status update?  It’s literally been months since they went silent. People posted to this list that they paid for services and did not receive them and did not hear back from FS for months. To turn on users and attack them for calling the blue sky blue is pretty weird. I can’t imagine this level of stubbornness.

Charles