[freeside-users] password restrictions for svc_account

Nathan Kennedy nathan at nkent.us
Mon Aug 27 07:23:43 PDT 2018

On Sat, 2018-08-25 at 09:57 -0400, gilbert at dido.ca wrote:
> I am using freeside 4.3~git I’m wondering if I can turn off the
> password restrictions.
> I receive passwords from my upstream wholesale supplier and I have no
> control over it.
> I’d like to put the password in the password field as is.
> I would not like freeside to impose it’s restrictions on the
> password.
Hello Gilbert,

In version 4.x the setting to disable the password restrictions is not
available like it is in the 3.x branch.

That said, with all of the hacking of user accounts going on it would
be worth while to see if your supplier could increase their security a
bit more and protect all of the users by using better secure passwords.

Cheers,

--
Nathan Kennedy
Contracted Professional IT