[freeside-users] Export sqlradius supports only one Radius Server ?

Ian Fraser ian_fraser at gozoom.ca
Mon May 1 09:08:53 PDT 2017

Revisiting this problem a few months later.  Now running Freeside 4.2
and this issue persists.

With two Exports configured for sqlradius:  changes to passwords,
assigned IP Address, and username only get written to the first
sqlradius Export listed.

If I run /usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset ian  to reset all sql radius
servers (there are only 2 although they are Exports #1 and #3) they both
get deleted, but radcheck and radreply do not get written to the second
export, although nas and radgroupreply do.

I've found that Freeside will only do a 'full' export to whichever
server is configured as Export #1.

So when running :

guest at freesidedev:/var/log$ sudo su - freeside
$ /usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset ian 3
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(0+ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(-- redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(++ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
FS::part_event::Condition::payby is disabled; skipping

Export deletes all records and then stops after writing nas and
radgroupreply to Export #3

I then swapped the IP Addresses of Export #1 and #3 and run this

$ /usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset ian 1
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(0+ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(++ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(-- redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
FS::part_event::Condition::payby is disabled; skipping
$

And export writes all data to Export #1 (formerly Export #3 above)

So I then run

$ /usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset ian
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(0+ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(-- redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
Subroutine JSON::XS::Boolean::(++ redefined at
/usr/share/perl/5.20/overload.pm line 50.
FS::part_event::Condition::payby is disabled; skipping

And Export deletes both Radius databases and writes ALL records to
Export #1 and then stops writing to Export #3 after  nas and
radgroupreply (which is the previous Export #1) so I know it's not my
Radius/mysql servers.

Swapped the IP Addresses back and run  $
/usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset ian  again and both databases are
deleted but again only the Export#1 is fully rewritten.

It looks like there's a bug here somewhere but....

Thanks,

Ian

On 21/11/2016 3:30 PM, Ian Fraser wrote:

> I'm changing my Radius configuration and so I've added another Radius
> export to Freeside.
>
> When I run  /usr/bin/freeside-sqlradius-reset/<user>/ Freeside only
> populates the nas and radgroupreply field in the New Radius server, it
> will not populate the radcheck field on the new server.
>
> So I cloned all the data from the existing database to the New server
> and Freeside deleted the radcheck table and did not repopulate it.
>
> I must be missing a step but it's been so long since I setup Freeside
> I don't recall.
>

> Thanks,
>
> --
> Ian Fraser