[freeside-users] OS and CPU

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Apr 26 15:32:31 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 05, 2017 at 06:32:03PM -0400, Blair Davis wrote:
> Can Freeside live happily on a 32bit CPU and OS?

Technically, yes.  Nothing in our codebase requires a 64 bit CPU or OS.

Practically, it doesn't seem like a particularly good idea for a new
implementation in 2017.

FWIW, most of our customers are running on 64 bit systems.  We have a
small handful left on leagcy 32 bit systems and are actively migrating
them to 64 bit installs.

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek, Freeside Internet Services, Inc.  http://freeside.biz/