[freeside-users] Payment batches not working in freeside 4.1

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Sat Apr 1 21:25:57 PDT 2017

Hi,

Thanks for the pointers.

freeside-daily was run without any options.  However, after enabling debug
option (-v), it became clear why the payment batches were not created.
Here's is an excerpt of output from freeside-daily -v:

----------------------------
 [FS::cust_main::Billing] due_cust_event called with options stage:
collect, check_freq: 1d, time: 1490967001, debug: 1
  6 total possible cust events found in initial search
  0 cust events left satisfying conditions
    invalid conditions not eliminated with condition_sql:
      cust_bill_has_noauto: 1
      payby: 6
----------------------------

There are 2 invalid conditions listed.

cust_bill_has_noauto:

   This relates to part_pkg table having no_auto empty.  (ut_flag()
definition treats NULL same as 'Y')
   Do I need to update the relevant part_pkg entries with no_auto='N'?

payby:

   I don't understand this invalid condition.  Probably relates to the
billing event below.

The log made it clear that none of the billing events were getting
triggered.  Adding payments to payment batches is the first event.

Here's the definition of 1st billing event:
#   Event           Type      Check freq.
1  Batch Card    Invoice       daily

Conditions
  Don't run this event again after it has completed successfully
  Customer Balance (Balance over:0)
  Amount owed on specific invoice (Amount owed over:0)
  (Deprecated) Customer payment type (payby:CARD)
  Invoice eligible for automatic collection

Action
  Add card or check to a pending batch

The condition "Customer payment type" is deprecated in 4.1.  This
definitely worked in 3.4.
What's the equivalent option in 4.1?

Also, are there default billing events for 4.1?

Amitay.