[freeside-users] Misconfiguration or bug? "User not found." error in selfservice.cgi

Erreu Gedmon eg at keyway.net
Thu Sep 22 20:11:11 PDT 2016

Long time fan, first time caller... ;) Great software guys, thank you!

I just installed 4.1 and I was unable to get fs_selfservice or
ng_selfservice operational until I commented out this line in FS:contact
sub by_selfservice_email {
  my($class, $email) = @_;

  my $contact_email = qsearchs({
    'table'     => 'contact_email',
    'addl_from' => ' LEFT JOIN contact USING ( contactnum ) ',
    'hashref'   => { 'emailaddress' => $email, },
    'extra_sql' => " AND ( contact.disabled IS NULL ) ",
#                   " AND ( contact.selfservice_access = 'Y' )",
  }) or return '';

  $contact_email->contact;

This line appears to be new on 4.1 as it did not exist on my 4.0 server.
The reason it's failing is because the contact.selfservice_access field
only contains NULL on my both my 4.0 and 4.1 systems while
cust_contact.selfservice_access holds "Y" values. I really tried to do
my homework, but couldn't decipher this one.

So here are my questions:
Should there be data in contact.selfservice_access? (i.e. did I
misconfigure my installation?) or is this a bug and FS:contact should be
checking cust_contact.selfservice_access instead?

Could someone point me to a schema* with a brief description of the two
tables contact and cust_contact? (Why are there two contact tables,
cust_contact seems to be a subset of contact, maybe a reseller thing?)

Unrelated, could I have access to http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki to
update it? I have some very minor updates to the 4.1 Installation
documentation.

--
Erreu Gedmon

--
"You see persons and things not as they but as you are."
        -- Anthony De Mello

*I found this:
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:3:Documentation:Developer/FS/contact
, but nothing for cust_contact