[freeside-users] RPM

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Wed Oct 26 06:27:25 PDT 2016

The spec file has not been maintained.  (We no longer use Freeside at
work, and I haven't found the time to work on RPM support.)  The last
significant changes were in 2009 for Freeside 1.9.1.  You should not
expect it to work without modifications.

Patches are welcome.

The pragmatic approach on RPM-based systems is to install as many of
Freeside's dependencies from RPM as possible, fill in the rest from
CPAN, and then install Freeside from tarball.

You would have decide whether it's worth staying on RPM-based systems
for your billing system as Freeside is better supported on Debian-family
distros.

	Richard.