[freeside-users] Attaching DIDs to a customere

Adrole Olima olima+freeside at SDF.ORG
Tue May 24 06:27:41 PDT 2016

Hi,

I'm currently evaluating freeside at work, as we believe it would be the right
tool to generate bills out of the dump of CDRs which are periodically given to
us by our trunk SIP and the and DSL services we are selling.

Regarding billing voice, I've understood, I had to:
 1. Create a rate plan which includes my tarifs per region (Done successfully)

 2. Create a VoIP package with the bill_every_call option activated, link it
    to my rate plan (Done successfully)

 3. Make sure that the freeside-cdrd, freeside-cdrrated, freeside-prepaidd,
    freeside-queued, freeside-selfservice-server, freeside-xmlrpcd daemons
    were up and running (Done successfully)

 4. Create a svc_phone service (Done successfully)

 5. Attach a list of DIDs to a customer... And, this is where I'm lost.
    I went to to Configuration -> Miscellanous -> Inventory Classes and
    Inventory, created a new class and imported a set of DIDs.
    Came back to the definition of the service created and attached it to the list of
    phone numbers who were packed in the inventory class I've defined earlier on.

    My VoIP package is attached to a customer but I can't see the service being
    activated, also when I go back to the inventory, 'Cust. Status' is set to
    '(unlinked)'

Could anyone tell me if it's the right approach, what I've done wrong eventually ?

Thanks for helping,
olima at sdf.lonestar.org