[freeside-users] Need help in integrating torrus with freeside

Narayanan Chandran cnarayan12ster at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 09:52:45 PDT 2016

Hi Guys,

I am college post graduate student in india, working for my college
research project

I am trying to integrate torrus with freeside in fresside VM appliance.And
i am successfully able to install torrus by following installation guide :
http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:2.3:Documentation:Torrus_Installation

I executed following steps :

aptitude install rrdtool librrds-perl libxml-libxml-perl libberkeleydb-perl
libtemplate-perl libproc-daemon-perl  libnet-snmp-perl
libapache-session-perl libjson-perl libdbix-abstract-perl
libdbix-sequence-perl libnumber-phone-perl libswitch-perl

Pulled freeside src from git: https://github.com/freeside/Freeside.git

make configure-torrus

make deploy

mkdir -p /srv/torrus/collector_rrd

chown -R freeside:freeside /srv/torrus/collector_rrd
/usr/local/etc/torrus/discovery /usr/local/etc/torrus/xmlconfig/

cd /usr/local/etc/torrus/discovery

vi routers.txt 192.168.1.1

torrus genddx --hostfile=routers.txt --domain=example.com
--community=public --out=routers.ddx --discout=routers.xml

torrus genddx --hostfile=routers.txt --community=public --out=routers.ddx
--discout=routers.xml

torrus devdiscover  --in=routers.ddx

Here i am able to add router in torrus.

torrus compile --tree=main --verbose

torrus bs --global --verbose

/etc/init.d/freeside restart

In side freeside web application network_monitoring_system configuration
setting to "Torrus_Internal".

Then i copied git~/Freeside/htetc/freeside-torrus.conf to
/etc/apache2/sites-available/
directory.

Then I added password file

 sudo htpasswd -c /usr/local/etc/freeside/.htpasswd freeside

Still i am unable to open Network Main on freeside web application.

I could not able find any guide for this, Please help me for my college
project.

Regards,

Narayanan