[freeside-users] import 3.6git database into 4.1 ?

Erreu Gedmon eg at keyway.net
Mon Dec 5 22:22:26 PST 2016

I haven't tested it, but you could try something like this:

su -l freeside -c '/usr/bin/freeside-backup fs_daily' # create a backup, copy it to the 4.1 system

/etc/init.d/freeside stop ; pkill -f freeside ; systemctl stop apache2 ; systemsctl restart postgres # stop the 4.1 system
createdb -E UTF8 freeside' # create the database if it doesn't exist (I can't recall if this step is necessary)
su -l freeside -c 'pg_restore --dbname freeside -Fc freeside_backup.Pg' # restore the database
su -l freeside -c "freeside-upgrade fs_daily" # upgrade the 3.6 data to 4.1
/etc/init.d/freeside restart

Erreu Gedmon

--
"You see persons and things not as they are but as you are."
        -- Anthony De Mello