[freeside-users] Perl tutorial and documentation (was: Installation on Ubuntu 16)

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Tue Aug 16 16:06:22 PDT 2016

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 04:48:35PM -0500, Kevin wrote:

> I thought it might be good to do some perl tutorials or something
> before going further.

Might I recommend Modern Perl?

Paper/free eBook: https://pragprog.com/book/swperl/modern-perl-fourth-edition

Online HTML: http://modernperlbooks.com/books/modern_perl_2016/index.html

> I'd also
> like to put together some sort of integration map as I go that shows
> how everything is put together. The nice thing about open source is
> being able to fix it yourself if needed, but the bad thing is often
> times the best or only documentation is the code itself.

Documentation contributions, like code contributions, are gratefully
accepted and good for your free/open-source software karma.  :)

--
Ivan Kohler
President and Head Geek