[freeside-users] Installation on Ubuntu 16

Kevin kevo at gatorgraphics.com
Tue Apr 5 13:25:31 PDT 2016

I've been thinking about updating some of my servers to Ubuntu 16 when it's released and recently ran across Freeside again after not really thinking about it for years. I thought I would try and throw it up on a Ubuntu 16b2 VM and check out the new Ubuntu and Freeside at the same time. We might want to use Freeside as a replacement for Platypus at some point.

I got stuck early in the process. It seems there is no release file or gpg signing of the repo packages. Any chance that will get added.

If not should I just abandon the idea of loading it on Ubuntu and go straight Debian?

Also, I have seen mention of the possibility of migrating data from Platypus. Is there any info on that anywhere?

Thanks,
Kevin