[freeside-users] City tax exemptions

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Oct 28 15:42:38 PDT 2015

On Thu, Sep 03, 2015 at 09:25:41AM -0500, Brian Mine wrote:
> What would be a good way to set up taxing so that customers [...]
 could be exempted from city taxes but not county taxes?

Use the tax editor to break down your state into counties and your
counties into cities.  Give the city tax a name and add it to the
tax-cust_exempt-groups configuration option.

> (possibly customer classes)

There's an option for tax exemption to be per-customer class, but not
this level of control over specific exemptions.

> Moreover, if someone has the time and doesn't mind, what would be the
> "proper" way to set up taxing?

Alas, time is the thing that's in short supply for me and I imagine most
others.

The best general advice I can give is to read the documentation, ask
more specific questions and it would be super if you would perhaps then
update the wiki docs (for example, with the above info for starters!).