[freeside-users] Radius Export to MYSQL help

Tim Roberts trr.usa at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 06:03:14 PST 2012

Newbie...I am fumbling my way through getting a Freeside server to export
RADIUS info to our existing MYSQL/FreeRadius servers that are in production
with another billing software.

I am using the VMWare Freeside downloaded 10/31/2012. I have not upgraded
anything on it so its pretty much as is from the website. Our existing
MYSQL servers are 5.077 on CentOS 6.

I partially used this guide to fumble through:
http://www.420.am/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?action=browse&diff=2&id=How_To_Install_Freeradius_W/Mysql_On_The_Signup_Server_Using_Debian_For_The_Linux_Challenged

Since we already have FreeRadius running and an existing MYSQL database, I
ignored those items.

When I started my way to provision a service that has an export tied to it,
I was receiving helpful error messages only a novice who has no clue would
see. Those were related to my DB connect string, wrong password to the
database, wrong database name, etc...Now I receive no errors when I
provision so it seems it thinks its connecting out to my DB but nothing
shows up in my usergroup table in my remote MYSQL server.

Ill try to describe what I have setup. Sorry for improper terms. I came
from a RODOPI world and this is similar but also like learning another
language to me.

I created a service definition - type = svc_acct
I left everything the defaults except domain where I selected default and
selected my domain name (which I dont care whether it shows up or not in
the DB, will adapt if need be)
I later came back after reading the above how to for the challenged like me
and changed UID, GID to default as suggested.
I created an export - sqlradius-real-time export to sql-backed RADIUS
I finally got my datasource, username, pass, group table right so it
stopped barfing on provisioning.
I tied this export to the svc_acct definition
I made a sample package and tied this definition to it as a primary
I order the service with a sample customer and then when I provision, all
seems well now. Prior I was getting this after provisioning::
failed: Access denied for user 'slave_user'@'10.72.72.20' (using password:
YES) at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FS/part_export/sqlradius.pm line 534.
I have several usernames in my radius database and I thought the slave_user
had all permissions to it so I used that account. After seeing that error,
I changed to the "radius" username that our current billing server and
freeradius servers use. I dont see the error anymore but there still isnt
anything showing up in the usergroups table when I export.

My questions:

1.) anyone willing to toss me a bone and give me some hints where to start
looking from here?
2.) is the export realtime or does it queue up in a job somewhere I can
look at?

We dont use dialup. we use Canopy modems set in pppoe which use Microtik
PPPOE servers which use FreeRADIUS/MYSQL to authenticate. All users get a
valid username and password, but users that are suspended get a a group
called "Hold" in the database. The Microtiks give users in the group "hold"
a different IP block that our gateways hijack port 80 and forward them to a
"pay yer bill" website. I know I will have to address this next (or
possibly now which is why I mention it). For now, I thought I would at
least take a stab at getting Freeside to dump a username and password in
the database and go from there.

Thanks in advance,
--
Tim Roberts