[freeside-users] Problem sending email to multiple email addresses

Amitay Isaacs amitay at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 15:34:42 PST 2012

Hi All,

On Thu, Feb 9, 2012 at 11:33 PM, Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I recently upgraded freeside from 1.9.4 to 2.1.3.
> Since then emails to any customers that have more than one invoice email
> address are not delivered. The mail log shows following error
>

> postfix/smtp[4837]: 877AC43D86: to=<karool at yless4u.com.au,
> jill at karoolmassage.com.au, admin at yless4u.com.au>,
> relay=mail.yless4u.com.au[202.55.153.3]:25, delay=0.2,
> delays=0.13/0/0.02/0.05, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (host
> mail.yless4u.com.au[202.55.153.3] said: 550 5.1.1
> <karool at yless4u.com.au, jill at karoolmassage.com.au,
> admin at yless4u.com.au>: Recipient address rejected: User unknown in
> virtual mailbox table (in reply to RCPT TO command))
>

> From the log it appears that all the recipient addresses are squashed
> in a single RCPT TO. Has anyone noticed this sort of behaviour?
>

> Another issue is related to sending of warning emails. It appears that freeside
> (freeside-sqlradius-radacctd) is sending warning emails every time the
> user session
> terminates and the usage has exceeded the threshold. Is there any way
> to limit that
> email only once the threshold is reached?
>
> Regards,
>
> Amitay.

I found the issue with multiple emails not being delivered.

In FS/Misc.pm line 244

  eval { sendmail($message, { transport => $transport,
                              from      => $options{from},

At this point @to is a list with single element of all the email addresses.
A dump of \@to shows:

[
   'email1 at address, email2 at address, email3 at address'
]

And Email::Sender::Simple simply treats each list item as a single email address
and tries to RCPT TO with the string as shown above.

Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Amitay.