[freeside-users] freeside-queued not running as freeside? was: (no subject)

Brian Booker brian at bayoucable.com
Sat Jun 4 18:48:58 PDT 2011

> Some mailing list posts go unanswered simply because there is no clear
> subject. Just keep that in mind for the future. :) (clear, as in, what
> leads
> you to post, what's broken, what's the question, etc)
>
> On Sat, Jun 4, 2011 at 5:46 PM, Brian Booker <brian at bayoucable.com> wrote:
>
>> New installation of freeside.
>>
>> Ubuntu 10.04.2
>> Apache 2.2
>> Perl 5.10
>> Postgresql 8.4
>>
>> Installation seemed to go very well.  Got the stuck progress bar while
>> trying to create services.  Checked freeside-queued, was not running.
>> Attempting to start freeside-queued produces the following error.
>>
>> When starting as the root user:
>>
>> unknown user: freeside at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FS/CurrentUser.pm
>> line 42.
>> sleeping for reconnect...
>>

>> Not running uid freeside ($>=1000, $<=1000)
>>  at /usr/local/bin/freeside-queued line 43
>> sleeping for reconnect...
>>
>> When starting as freeside user:
>>

> Try these, on the shell,
> id
> id 1000
> id freeside
>
> How are you testing this as user freeside?
>

>> This is the in apache2/error.log  Seems like a different issue I did not
>> know I had.  Any suggestions here are appreciated as well.
>> 'objToJson' will be obsoleted. Please use 'to_json' instead. at
>> /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FS/UI/Web.pm line 639
>>

> "will be". it's not broken right now, but a patch to fix that, if it's not
> already on HEAD is welcome. I'll let Ivan, or other comment on the state
> of
> code (since I haven't touched HEAD in some time)
>

>> Thanks for any and all help.
>> Brian
>>

> Regards
>

> Scott.

I'll try to clarify my basic setup a bit.  Ubuntu server is a fresh
install strictly for freeside.  So the only users created were myself,
along with those in the install documentation for freeside.

Initially I tried:

$su freeside
$/usr/local/bin/freeside-queued freeside

Which produces the error:

>> unknown user: freeside at /usr/local/share/perl/5.10.1/FS/CurrentUser.pm
>> line 42.
>> sleeping for reconnect...

So I tried:

$su brian
$/usr/local/bin/freeside-queued freeside

as well as

$/usr/local/bin/freeside-queued brian

and a few other combinations as well. All I could get was:

>> Not running uid freeside ($>=1000, $<=1000)
>>  at /usr/local/bin/freeside-queued line 43
>> sleeping for reconnect...

Here is the output you asked for.

uid=1001(freeside) gid=1001(freeside) groups=1001(freeside)

Thanks again,

Brian.