[freeside-users] Upgrade

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Wed Aug 10 14:45:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 04:30:40PM -0500, Jack Martin wrote:
> I am hoping a guru has some info for me, as I want to migrate from
> the old machine to the new.  Upgrading the old one really would be a
> waste of time, but I want to keep all of my information from my
> customers and packages and such.

Maybe you can do the full upgrade on a test machine running a
copy of the old database, see how it goes, then if it works
import into the new machine. Be careful with the test machines
though, for a few days we had some signups go into a test
database running a straight backup of the real one, instead of
the real database. It was configured for dhcp with a different
static ip, so the unchanged backup didn't cause an ip conflict
and once we noticed we had to enter some orders by hand.
Nick