[freeside-users] does freeside have a payment option for paypal?

Nick Schmalenberger nick at schmalenberger.us
Mon Jun 14 22:22:28 PDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 03:29:58PM -0700, Ivan Kohler wrote:
> On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 05:11:04PM -0400, Tim Reichhart wrote:
> > Hey Guys
> > I just wanted to know if there is away or option for paypal be added for
> > payment?
>
> Not yet.  It is tenatively on our roadmap for this year, but plans may
> of course change.
>
> Folks with an interest in sponsoring this feature in a more immediate
> capacity are welcome to contact sales at freeside.biz

We've been importing paypal payments in batches for about a year,
and I wrote a perl script to convert the paypal csv to the
freeside csv (attached). It checks for a string to see if the
payment came from a link in a freeside invoice, where the invoice
number should be the item number, and if it did it uses that to
look up the customer number. If its not recognized as coming from
an invoice, you have to look up the customer number and import
the payment manually. It also checks for payments already input
with the paypal transaction id as the checknumber, so you can
export payments from paypal with overlapping dates and it will
work which is good for when a payment took a few weeks to clear.
The script should just be run as the freeside user and uses
sameuser authentication in postgresql. I hope this helps somebody.
Nick Schmalenberger