[freeside-users] Batch Import Format

George Sweetnam killroy at ticnet.com
Wed Jan 6 12:22:20 PST 2010

You may want to check your export file from your old database.  Many
people open them in excel and it won't import cc's as text, but
instead converts them to general.  Most of the time you can spot it
because the numbers end in 1 or 0.
  If you have a csv you want to open in excel just rename it to .txt
and open it, that way you can set fields to txt value manually.  I've
converted company billing files from ones we acquired many times
(importing to optigold though) and the cc field is by far the biggest
issue people have giving me raw data.  I nearly always have to assist
them.
As for importing,  I am testing freeside for our use and populating it
really isn't very intuitive.  This isn't a knock on Ivan as he does
run a business and him doing it for free doesn't make sense.  I'm just
surprised nobody has put howtos on the wiki on importing raw data from
a fortmatted csv file.
I will likely import directly to the postgresql database next week and
test it that way because the import utility from the web interface
lacks most of the fields I want to preset.  I'm much more familiar
with mysql,but it can't be to different of a format.  The use database
and show table commands must have similar options in postgresql too.
I had too many errors with the mysql install for freeside to play with
it when I know the setup works with this db type.

Typing on my phone so forgive any typos I didn't notice.

George

On Dec 30, 2009, at 4:25 PM, ccrum <ccrum at dot11net.com> wrote:

> Is there any way to disable the cc check to see if the card is valid?
>
> ccrum wrote:
>> OK, so it works with a test number (guess I have to have all the
>> CVV's?), except it does not like my pkgpart. Is this supposed to be
>> a number or a string? It doesn't like a number there in my file.
>> Getting:
>>
>> Error: can't insert customer for blah, blah, blah: inserting svc_
>> (transaction rolled back): Unknown svcpart
>>
>> I've tried a string, but it just locks up. I'm assuming that it is
>> looking for one of the Package Definitions I have defined. Is that
>> correct?
>>
>> Cameron
>>

>> Ryan Spott wrote:
>>> Try the following for test numbers:
>>>
>>> CARD TYPE    NUMBER
>>> Master Card (16 Digits)    5105105105105100
>>> Master Card (16 Digits)    5555555555554444
>>> Visa (13 Digits)    4222222222222
>>> Visa (16 Digits)    4111111111111111
>>> Visa (16 Digits)    4012888888881881
>>> American Express (15 Digits)    378282246310005
>>> American Express (15 Digits)    371449635398431
>>> Amex Corporate (15 Digits)    378734493671000
>>> Dinners Club (14 Digits)    38520000023237
>>> Dinners Club (14 Digits)    30569309025904
>>> Discover (16 Digits)    6011111111111117
>>> Discover (16 Digits)    6011000990139424
>>> JCB (16 Digits)    3530111333300000