[freeside-users] Batch Import Format

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Jan 6 08:31:47 PST 2010

On Wed, Jan 06, 2010 at 05:07:10AM -0500, R P Herrold wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010, Ivan Kohler wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 04:25:07PM -0600, ccrum wrote:
>>> Is there any way to disable the cc check to see if the card is valid?
>>
>> No.  What good would it do to store known invalid card numbers?
>
> Perhaps as part of building out a local infrastructure to permit building
> a history of offered CC's, to detect naiive 'carder' efforts?

Perhaps (though I still don't see why you would store them), but that
doesn't have anything to do with what was being discussed: storing
invalid card numbers along with customers records.

> Also a 'batch' import should run to completion as quickly as possible,
> and the check 'slows' things to some degree that can be found in
> 'postprocessing'.

Agreed that the import could use a refactor along these lines.  It
should accept the upload file and the process it as a job, with a
progress bar, etc.

Are you interested in contributing here?  Or just armchair coding?

> With very large database dump and restore operations

This is not a database restore operation, nor was it intended for "very
large" datasets.