[freeside-users] Upgraded from 1.7.3rc to 1.9.1 and cannot view customers

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmheleu.cmh.net
Mon Nov 30 22:59:18 PST 2009

On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 12:11:52AM -0600, Marty Troup wrote:
> Using the previous messages in the forum and on this list I managed to get
> my 1.7.3rc MySQL installation upgraded to 1.9.1.
>
> However, I cannot view customers and when I click on their name I receive
> the following error.  I get the error whether I click on the recent
> customers name or when clicking on a result from the "open invoices" search
> page.

 [ snip ]

> DBD::mysql::st execute failed: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check
> the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right
> syntax to use near 'ON (svcpart) part_svc.* FROM part_svc LEFT JOIN pkg_svc
> ON (     pkg_svc.svcpar' at line 1 [for Statement "SELECT DISTINCT ON

  Off the top of my head, I think what is happening is the 'SELECT DISTINCT
ON (svcpart)' is not valid syntax in your version of mysql (what version?).
What is the appropriate construct in mysql?

> Also, I understand that it takes funding to support open source projects and
> I know it is repeated many times in the forums about supporting the MySQL
> development; however I never see any rates listed.  I'm sure a few of us
> could help out if we had a better idea of what I might take.

  What it takes is answering the above question.  It needs to be continually
answered.  If you can answer it and code it, do so.  If you would like to
hire that labor, see
http://freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:Support:Consultants

If you desire ongoing support, Freeside Internet Services, Inc. offers that
(information available on the website on the 'Services' tab) and it is likely
others do.  Call or email.

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]