[freeside-users] Suspend Function

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Wed Mar 4 06:35:02 PST 2009

Jack D. Martin Jr. wrote:
> I am using Freeside for a very small ISP, and love the tools it provides.
> On the suspend however I have a question.  When I suspend a customers
> internet package, it goes to the radius server and changes their password
> to a random password.  What I would like for it to do is to assign them to
> a different group.  This allows my radius server to allocate a different
> IP that I can re-direct to a webpage explaining to them why they are not
> able to surf the internet.  Can somebody tell me if this is possible, and
> how to go about it if it is?

I believe that's supported in the SQL-RADIUS export, although I have not
used that feature.  From looking at the code for Freeside 1.7.3 for
FS/FS/part_export/sql_radius.pm and the online demo, it appears that you
have to set "Radius group mapping to reason (via template user)" in the
export configuration, and set up a template user with the required
RADIUS groups, and also a suspend reason.

Presumably when you suspend the user and give the corresponding reason,
the SQL RADIUS export finds the RADIUS groups in the template user and
applies them to the user you're suspending.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall