[freeside-users] Problem with suspending customers in freeside 1.7.3

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Thu Jan 15 17:03:40 PST 2009

On Thu, Oct 30, 2008 at 03:56:29PM +1000, lists wrote:
> It is all working very well, however I have noticed that when a customer is
> suspended it is not locking the account on an export machine and it is not
> exporting to the password to the radius RADUSERS table in the radius
> database.  It does seem to be changing the RADUSERS encrypted password but
> it still allows the customer to log on.

That would seem to be a problem with your RADIUS server rather than
Freeside.  If Freeside is changing the RADIUS password in the radusers
table, it is doing everything it is supposed to.

> I have tried locking the
> master.passwd file by running the 'pw lock username' on the remote machine
> via ssh and that is working fine.  I have then unsuspended the account on
> the freeside machine and that to works fine.  It is only the export to lock
> the username on the password file that seems to be affected.
>
> When I looked in the logs  (queuelog.DBI:mysql:dbname=freeside)  I find the
> following error messages
> "[Wed 29 Oct 21:38:53 2008] [29256] Can't call method "svcpart" on an
> undefined value at
> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/part_export/sqlradius.pm line 662."

Looks like bad data in your database; specifically, svc_acct records
without their corresponding cust_svc records.

Does not look relevant to your problem with the shellcommands export.

> [...]

> I have also documented the proceedure I have used including any workarounds
> to install freeside on FreeBSD 7.0.  So far I am up to 34 pages. Should I
> post these instructions to the forum or is there a more suitable location or
> should I post them at all. My instructions include instructions for setting
> up radiator, exports and creating self signed server certs and other config
> stuff. It may not be totally freeside specific, as it does tie some of the
> associated packages that are used in association with freeside. It may help
> save some time for someone, but I don't want to post it if it may not be
> freeside specific enough and that is not permitted.

Please feel welcome to help with the documentation in the Wiki if you'd
like to post the Freeside-relevant parts of what you've written.