[freeside-users] MASON ERROR - index.html outside component root?

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Wed Dec 2 16:53:52 PST 2009

On Mon, Nov 30, 2009 at 10:35:50AM -0800, Robert Terpe wrote:
> I am using the latest 1.9 CVS and have followed the installation
> instructions exactly.

OS?  Freeside version?  ("latest 1.9 CVS" doesn't tell us if it is
_1_9_BRANCH or HEAD, and when it was pulled).  Did you try 1.9.1 and did
it work (i.e. is this a problem with CVS, or just a general install
problem)?  etc.

You will find that if you provide a better problem report, you will be
much more likely to get useful assistance.

Good luck!

> [Mason] Cannot resolve file to component: /var/www/html/manage/index.html
> (is file outside component root?) at
> /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/HTML/Mason/ApacheHandler.pm line 852.

Did you double-check and make sure the file is inside the Mason
component root?  :)