[freeside-users] latex weirdness

Jeff Finucane jeff at cmh.net
Sun Sep 21 18:13:06 PDT 2008

Ivan Kohler <ivan at freeside.biz> wrote on 21 Sep 2008 13:21:20 -0700....

+----------
| On Sun, Sep 21, 2008 at 03:11:18PM -0400, Jeff Finucane wrote:
| > "Jeremy Davis" <lists at maximumtech.us> wrote on Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:02:02 -0500:
| > +----------
| > |                                                                I am having
| > | an extremely weird problem.  I can edit the latex invoice without a problem
| > | and it works....
| > | I can no longer view Typeset invoices without errors....
| > |                                                                          If
| > | I reset the templates to default it works.
| > +----------
| >
| >  ...                    I suggest you ensure LTchunksize is large enough
| > to prevent errors from mysteriously appearing.
|
| What's LTchunksize and where would one change it to be larger?  :)
+----------

  LTchunksize is the buffer the longtable package uses while it arranges
the table on the page.  If the longtable header or footer fails to fit
in LTchunksize then LaTex/longtable fails to find tokens properly.  It defaults
to 20.  Increasing the value consumes more memory and reduces the time for
LaTex to run.

  The current default invoice_latex template contains the line \LTchunksize=40
in the header between the usepackage and begin{document}

jeff at cmh.net

"There is no worse tyranny than to force a man to pay for what he does
 not want merely because you think it would be good for him."

 Professor Bernardo de le Paz
  [ R.A. Heinlein -- "The Moon is a Harsh Mistress" ]