[freeside-users] SSH to Remote machine (EXPORT)

Luke S Crawford lsc at prgmr.com
Tue Sep 9 13:46:24 PDT 2008

jeffa at globalco.net writes:

>  I created a ssh export with domain to another machine but its coming
>  back with this error:

>  failed: Host key verification
> failed

>  The ssh command works from the command line with the user freeside
>  to the remote machine but fails when trying to run
>  through freeside

>  remote Username: freeside at test.machine.com
>  Insert command :wget -qb
>  http://test.machine.com/datatest/write.php?username=$username\@$domain&password=$quoted_password

The problem is between your freeside box and test.machine.com.   when you
try it on the command line, are you sure that your environment is the
same as the freeside environment?  assuming freeside is running as user
freeside, as root on your freeside box, you should try

su - freeside
ssh test.machine.com