[freeside-users] Problem with suspending customers in freeside 1.7.3

lists technical at halenet.com.au
Wed Oct 29 22:56:29 PDT 2008

Hi all

I have successfully installed

Freeside 1.7.3 release
FreeBSD 7.0 p4 release
Mysql 5.0.67
Html::Mason 1.39
Perl 5.88
bsdpan-DBI-1.607
bsdpan-DBIx-DBSchema-0.35
DBD-mysql50-4.006

It is all working very well, however I have noticed that when a customer is
suspended it is not locking the account on an export machine and it is not
exporting to the password to the radius RADUSERS table in the radius
database.  It does seem to be changing the RADUSERS encrypted password but
it still allows the customer to log on . I have tried locking the
master.passwd file by running the 'pw lock username' on the remote machine
via ssh and that is working fine.  I have then unsuspended the account on
the freeside machine and that to works fine.  It is only the export to lock
the username on the password file that seems to be affected.

When I looked in the logs  (queuelog.DBI:mysql:dbname=freeside)  I find the
following error messages
"[Wed 29 Oct 21:38:53 2008] [29256] Can't call method "svcpart" on an
undefined value at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/part_export/sqlradius.pm line 662."

When I went to part_export/sqlradius.pm line 622 referred to in the error
message is referring to "my $fdbh = dbh;"  From what I can tell this is
defined on the next line below in sqlradius.pm.

The remote system is also FreeBSD 7.0 p5
I can logon to it and run the commands manually. It is only when I try and
suspend the account on the freeside machine that it does not work and I get
the error above. Unsuspending works fine

The http-error.log has the following appear after I try and suspend the
account

perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/Record.pm line 1539.
plandata is deprecated at
/usr/local/www/apache22/data/freeside/view/svc_acct.cgi line 31
FS::CGI::table deprecated; include /elements/table.html instead at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/queue.pm line 363
plandata is deprecated at
/usr/local/www/apache22/data/freeside/view/svc_acct.cgi line 31
FS::CGI::table deprecated; include /elements/table.html instead at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/queue.pm line 363
Argument "" isn't numeric in int at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/mach/DateTime.pm line 455.
[warning][FS::Record] FS::svc_acct=HASH(0x2ca7a360) -> replace
FS::svc_acct=HASH(0x2cba4864): records identical at
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/FS/cust_pkg.pm line 356
FS::CGI::header deprecated; include /elements/header.html instead at
/usr/local/www/apache22/data/freeside/misc/process/cancel_pkg.html

Can anyone please shed any light on whether they have had a similar
experience and whether you have found a work around for this.
I would be most appreciative if someone can point me in the right direction.
Thanks again

I have also documented the proceedure I have used including any workarounds
to install freeside on FreeBSD 7.0.  So far I am up to 34 pages. Should I
post these instructions to the forum or is there a more suitable location or
should I post them at all. My instructions include instructions for setting
up radiator, exports and creating self signed server certs and other config
stuff. It may not be totally freeside specific, as it does tie some of the
associated packages that are used in association with freeside. It may help
save some time for someone, but I don't want to post it if it may not be
freeside specific enough and that is not permitted.

Thanks again

Regards

Tim