[freeside-users] Advanced Billing Is It Possile

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Sat Mar 22 15:54:17 PDT 2008

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 01:31:06AM -0400, GlobalNet, LLC NOC wrote:
> I am getting ready to switch from Rodopi to Freeside
>
> My question is in our Rodopi it allowed for advance billing.
>
> Basically customers are billed 15 days in advance. Their Billing date is the
> 1st of the month.
>
> So rodopi is set to email their statements for the month appx 15 days before
> the 1st, to give them time to pay
> In otherwords service is prepaid, and if not paid by the 1st the  billing
> program locks the account.
>
> Will freeside do this for me?

Yes.  See the "-d", "-y" and "-n" flags to freeside-daily
<http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Developer/bin/freeside-daily>,
and invoice event setup in the web interface
<http://www.freeside.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Freeside:1.7:Documentation:Administration#Invoice_events>

> Also we used the RPG Gateway to interface with our Credit Card Transaction
> Company
>
> Will Freeside intergrate with RPG? http://r-p-g.com

Not surprisingly, Freeside does not currently integrate with the Rodopi
Payment Gateway.

You could accomplish this integration by writing or sponsoring a
Business::OnlinePayment::RPG module for the gateway.