[freeside-users] Command to Suspend request

Ivan Kohler ivan at freeside.biz
Mon Mar 3 23:08:51 PST 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 07:54:55AM +0530, Shivkumar wrote:
> Hi, Freeside won't be able to do that.

...currently.

> Your hotspot/access controller/NAS is supposed to be doing this.

For time-based limits, sure, we can (and do) send an Expiration:
attribute to the NAS.

But a user might reach a data-base limit at any time.  We could have
Freeside process RADIUS interim accounting packets and trigger a NAS
disconnect (trigger a RADIUS "packet of death" from FreeRADIUS, or run
some other configurable hook).

I wouldn't say that it is something we're uninterested in umplementing
or that something else is "supposed" to be doing.  :)