[freeside-users] Setup date affects setup charges

rob at stupidguytalk.org rob at stupidguytalk.org
Mon Jul 21 18:30:10 PDT 2008

Hi All,

We are using 1.7.3

We have a dialup corporate account that get's charged a setup fee and then
a pro-rated charge for each account they sign-up, then 1st of the month
monthly.

Currently they only do 4 or 5 new accounts per month.

If we set the setup date when we create the account, freeside doesn't
charge the setup charge, so we leave it blank and bill, this gives us any
signups on the day with proper setup charge and proper pro-rate.

This results with having 4 or 5 invoices per month during the month and
then an invoice starting the new month with all active accounts listed
nicely.

Is there a way to set the setup date, and then on the last day of the
month run billing so we can issue 1 invoice for all accounts during the
month, getting a setup charge and their proper prorated charge?

As this customer grows, which I would love to encourage, their Payables
dept will complain, they are already grumbling.

Also can anyone explain why the setup charge is not charged when the setup
date is set?

Thank you Ivan for wonderful software, it's really an amazing billing
system :)

Rob.