[freeside-users] Postal Mailed Invoices (Printing)

Charles Sprickman spork at bway.net
Thu Aug 14 20:52:10 PDT 2008

On Thu, 14 Aug 2008, GlobalNet, NOC wrote:

> How does one print the postal mailed invoices?

Via an attached or networked printer.

> Does it do this automatically or does it have to be manually?

fs-daily does this as part of it's daily run.

> Does the printer need to be installed on the freeside server, or can one
> print them from a workstation through web interface..??

It can be attached to the server or a remote host.  It really depends on
how you've setup your printing subsystem on the host on which Freeside is
installed.  If you look at the main config page under the "Required"
settings, you'll see the config option for printing.  I think the default
is just "lpr".  On Debian, I think Ivan uses a package called "rlpr" which
is a simple, spool-less print function that lets you print to any
networked postscript printer that supports the lpd protocol.

Charles