[freeside-users] Best OS (Operating System) for Freeside

Richard Siddall richard.siddall at elirion.net
Mon Aug 11 07:17:31 PDT 2008

GlobalNet, NOC wrote:
> What is the best OS and easiest to install  and configure  freeside on?
>
> Jeff

The one you're most familiar with. :)

IMHO, configuration is more work than installation, and it's pretty much
independent of the operating system you're running the Freeside billing
& provisioning server on.

Ivan has done some work to make installation easy on Debian.  I've done
some work on making it easy on RPM-based systems, but we currently only
have CentOS 4.x available as a yum repository, and the repository layout
needs reworking.  (If you need a different distro, please let me know.)
  Also, neither RT nor the self-service interface can be installed from
the yum repository yet.

There are installation instructions on the wiki for a couple of distros.

Regards,

	Richard Siddall