[freeside-users] svc_acct.cgi modifications

Ivan Kohler ivan at sisd.com
Sun May 20 18:24:09 PDT 2007

On Fri, May 18, 2007 at 04:49:13PM -0700, Matthew Neumark wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I'm adding Primary and Secondary DNS fields to the svc_acct.cgi to the
> export for freeradius.

You can configure RADIUS to send any attributes you like for all
authenticated users (just edit the users file), without modifying
Freeside or tracking the attributes for each user.

You can configure RADIUS to send different attributes for different
groups, without modifying Freeside, just use groups in Freeside and
insert your attributes in the radgroupreply table.

If you really want to, you can configure Freeside to track additional
attributes on a per-user basis, without modifying Freeside.  See the
bin/fs-radius-add-reply script.  Groups are almost always a better
solution, though.

None of the above options require modifications to the code.

> I'm still trying to relearn cgi. Does anyone know what file the sql
> insert statement is for creating new sql account for freeradius under
> svc_acct.cgi?

Insert statements are typically generated on-the-fly by the FS::Record
module, not stored staticly in files.