[freeside-users] Customer Import from CSV

Jim Cobb jimcobb at ejourney.com
Tue Mar 27 06:34:22 PDT 2007

I have created a CSV of my customers, and would like to import them into Freeside.  I've followed the file format on the Batch Customer Import page, which is:

agent_custid, refnum[1]*, last*, first*, address1*, address2, city*, state*, zip*, country, daytime, night, ship_last, ship_first, ship_address1, ship_address2, ship_city, ship_state, ship_zip, ship_country, payinfo*, paycvv, paydate*, invoicing_list, pkgpart, username[2], _password[2]

I've created a test file called import.csv layed out as such:

,3,Cobb,Jim,851 James Robertson Dr.,,Gladwin,MI,48624,US,989-426-3610,,Cobb,Jim,851 James Robertson Dr.,,Gladwin,MI,48626,{not sure here},,4/1/2007,,,,,

I was assuming "payinfo" was the type of payment, so I entered "Billing", which I could change at a later time.  I recieved a request for Credit Card Number, so I replaced {not sure here} with a CC #, then I recieved and error for CVV2.  I entered in a CVV2 for the CC, then got Expiration Date error.  I'm sure everyone sees the pattern here.

Do I have to have a Credit Card for all the customers, or am I missing something here?

I don't want to setup any packages or billing information, I just want them in as Prospects for now.  I will be adding packages to them and configuring billing at a later time.

Jim Cobb
Endless Journey, Inc.