[freeside-users] Kudos and a couple of questions

Robert Smith robw at futura.net
Wed Feb 28 13:38:46 PST 2007

Okay, I've finally been able to give Freeside some daylight hours
instead of trying to work on it at night after all the daytime fires are
out.

I've got to say, Ivan (and anyone else contributing) I really like the
latest version.

Running FreeBSD 6.1, Apache2 w/mod_perl 2 and perl 5.8.8 with internal RT.

I've got the install down pat where I can get it up and running first
try if it every dies on me.  (So if anyone needs install notes, I've got
them down to the stupid level so I can't mess it up no matter what.)

I did have to modify the access_user.pm to get it to work with the
htpasswd.  (I put in the full path for it.)
If any of you who are programmers (I'm far from it) would like my notes
so that changes can be made, I'll be glad to help anyway I can.  (I'll
even send notes highlighted where I had to pull from earlier install
notes or deviate in anyway.)

Ivan, I'll be doing "KISS" instructions for our users as I get this
deployed.  If you'd like them so you can use the documentation, let me know.

Again, KUDO's I really think I'm going to like this.  We've been using
ISPPower for many years now and it is outdated, dying and a nightmare to
understand why it wants to do what it does at times.

Anyone have any recommendations on importing the legacy data from
ISPPower over to Freeside?  I've been thinking about running a
script/query to import the customer info and then building out the
customer packages by hand.  (No thought was put into our ISPPower
initial build and it is a kludge.)

Also, I've never set up database replication before and if anyone has
any hints/recommendations on that let me know.  I'm planning on building
a complete second server and running replication to it for back up and
disaster prep.

Robert Smith
Futura, Inc
robw at futura.net