[freeside-users] can't parse ...default value for sequence name:

Jeremy Davis jeremy at manageisp.com
Wed Nov 15 18:23:13 PST 2006

Cal wrote:
> Postgresql-8.1
> Debian Sarge
> Freeside 1.5.8
>
> I decided to attempt to migrate my billing server to
> 1.5.8.  Rather than upgrade my current system I wanted
> to try migrating to a fresh debian install with
> freeside 1.5.8 from my current 1.5.7 db.  So I
> installed a new system, imported my db, and followed
> the upgrade steps in the docs.
>
> I can use most functions without a problem, but when I
> go to add a new package definition I get the following
> error.
>
> Error: can't parse type_pkgs.typepkgnum default value
> for sequence name:
> nextval(('public.type_pkgs_typepkgnum_seq'::text)::regclass)

You most likely have imported the data into a newer version of
postgresql.  I have noticed that sometimes it causes problems with the
sequences.  Go into the sequence for the table you are having problems
with and see how it differs from the database dump.  Then you can run an
ALTER TABLE sql command in psql to fix the issue.  I believe if I
remember right it should look like this -

nextval(('public.type_pkgs_typepkgnum_seq'::text)

Not -

nextval(('public.type_pkgs_typepkgnum_seq'::text)::regclass)

Sincerely,

Jeremy Davis