[freeside-users] Moving data from one server to another?

Jeremy Davis jeremy at manageisp.com
Wed Nov 1 05:35:34 PST 2006

Sales at MichianaWireless.Com wrote:
> I tried this a couple times already. Is there a better way to export data
> from your old server and import it into the new server than the process I
> have followed outlined in this email tail end?

I have upgraded 3 freeside servers in the last month.  Each time I did a
pg_dump of the freeside database.  Installed freeside of the same
version on the new machine.  I then dropped the new DB, and restored it
with my pg_dump.  Then I would run freeside-upgrade if  I was also
upgrading freeside versions as well.  Be careful when you are using a
postgresql version higher than what was on the orginal production box,
as it seems to entail some weirdness along the lines of invalid
sequences.  But its an easy fix.

Jeremy